Throughout the week, I read a lot of blog-posts, articles, etc., that has to do with things that interest me
- data science
- data in general
- distributed computing
- SQL Server
- transactions (both db as well as non db)
- and other “stuff”
This is the “roundup” of the posts that has been most interesting to me, for the week just gone by.
- Virtual Panel: High Performance Application in .NET. An InfoQ panel discussion about performance in .NET. It’s a very interesting read and it led me to the item below.
- Performance Improvements in .NET Core. As the name says, a look at performance improvements in .NET Core. Having read this post as well as the post above, I’ll make sure we’ll start to look into .NET Core at Derivco.
- Exactly-once Support in Apache Kafka. Woooo! This is so cool! A post about exactly-once support in Apache Kafka. I know I have said this before, but … now we REALLY need to start looking at Kafka.
- Azure Data Lake Store: a hyperscale distributed file service for big data analytics. Andrew takes a deep, deep look into the plumbing of Azure Data Lake.
- Spanner: becoming a SQL system. Another post by Andrew. Here he looks into how Google’s Spanner becomes more SQL like.
- Working with the change feed support in Azure Cosmos DB. The Azure Cosmos DB, becomes more and more “juicy”! This is how it supports a real-time feed of changes: the Change Feed Support.
- In Depth TensorFlow. An InfoQ presentation about Google’s Tensorflow by one of the developers.
- Quick Start for Data Science. Buck Woody posts a quick introduction to Data Science. A must read for any “budding” data scientist out there.
SQL Server R Services
I know, I know, I know - I have said this before, but I am nearly finished with part 7 of my SQL Server R Services series. I have had a severe case of writers block for part 7, but 80% of it is done now. I promise!!
That’s all for this week. I hope you enjoy what I did put together. If you have ideas for what to cover, please comment on this post or ping me.
Share this Post:Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn