Interesting Stuff - Week 26
Throughout the week, I read a lot of blog-posts, articles, etc., that has to do with things that interest me
- data science
- data in general
- distributed computing
- SQL Server
- transactions (both db as well as non db)
- and other "stuff"
This is the "roundup" of the posts that has been most interesting to me, for the week just gone by.
- Graph Database with T-SQL. Tomaz takes us through the new graph database functionality in SQL Server 2017. I so wanted to look into the graph capabilities of SQL Server 2017, but haven't had time, sigh!
- Faster temp table and table variable by using memory optimization. Oh, this is cool! The post talks about increasing performance for temp tables and table variables by using in-memory optimizations.
- SQLCLR and Certificates. A post by myself, discussing how to authorize SQLCLR assemblies for permissions other than
SAFE. In this post I probably also offend some people by saying I don't think that
TRUSTWORTHYis that bad.
- SQL Server 2017, SQLCLR and Permissions. Geez, I have been productive this week - a second post by me. While investigating the post above, I came across some changes in SQL Server 2017, regarding SQLCLR and permissions. This post is the result.
- Using Azure Data Lake and R for Fraud Detection. A post about peta-scale fraud detection using R and Azure Data Lake.
- Saving Snow Leopards with Deep Learning and Computer Vision on Spark. This is soooo cute! Using image analysis and Apache Spark to save Snow Leopards!!!
- End to End Loan ChargeOff Prediction Built Using Azure HDInsight Spark Clusters and SQL Server 2016 R Service. Monitoring loan charge-off using either R and Apache Spark, or SQL Server 2016 R Services.
- Dynamically Configured Stream Processing: How BetterCloud Built an Alerting System with Apache Flink. Building a real-time alerting system using Apache Flink.
- #NoTDD. A very thought provoking post regarding the advantages/disadvantages of TDD.
That's all for this week. I hope you enjoy what I did put together. If you have ideas for what to cover, please comment on this post or ping me.
Share this Post:Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn